Individuals who complete the prerequisite swimming skills are permitted to sign up for the Lifeguard Training course. This is a Blended Learning class and will require online training on a computer or tablet. Bring proof of age, a bathing suit, and a towel. Must turn 15 years old before the last day.
Lifeguarding Swimming skills pre-screening test:
Thursday, August 12 at 5:15pm; Monday, August 13 at 4:00pm
Fee per class: FREE- Facility Members $2.00 – Program members $3.00 – Community members
1. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
3. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are prohibited.
- Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance underwater.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
ARC LIFEGUARD COURSE – BLENDED LEARNING:
- Individuals who complete the prerequisite swimming skills are eligible to sign up for the Lifeguard
Training course. This is a Blended Learning class and will require online training to be done on a computer
or tablet and virtual class sessions on Zoom as well as in person manikin and water rescue skills.
- Successful performance of the above Prescreening skills and be15 years old.
- Successful completion of assignments, written test, and water skills are required for certification.
Course includes all the up to date course/materials for Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR and AED certifications.
Classes will meet 4:30 – 9:30pm(approximately) August 12, 17, 19, 24 & 26 and 1 weekend date for
approximately 24 hours of course time. *One date will be held off site at Holly City Family Center, in Millville
for deep water skills. 100 % Attendance required for ALL scheduled dates
Fee LG Cert class: Facility members: $200.00 Program/Community members: $250.00
- Fee includes ARC LG manual, pocket mask and fanny pack and certification fee