Individuals who complete the prerequisite swimming skills are permitted to sign up for the Lifeguard Training course. This is a Blended Learning class and will require online training on a computer or tablet. Bring proof of age, bathing suit, and towel. Must turn 15 years old before the last day.
New Session coming Spring 2021 please email email@example.com if you are interested.
Class Fees: Information Coming Soon
Lifeguarding Swimming skills pre-screening test:
1. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
3. Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are prohibited.
- Surface dive, feet-first or headfirst, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance underwater.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.